Bisphenol -A is a difunctional building block of several important plastics and plastic additives. It is an important monomer in the production of polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins.
- Appearance : White flake
- Purity (%) : 99.0
- Freezing Point (°C) : 156.5
- Boiling Point (°C) : 360.5
- Bulk Density (lb/ft3) : 35-41
- Iron Content (ppm) : 1.0 max.
- Solubility in Water : Lightly soluble
- Polycarbonate Plastics
- Epoxy resins
- In the synthesis of polyesters, poiysuifones, and poiyether ketones
- Precursor to the flame retardant, tetrabromobisphenol A
- As an antioxidant in some plasticizers
- As a polymerization inhibitor in PVC